LHH Energy Team- s currently collaborating with BP, world- s leading company in the energy sector and helping it to their expansion on the Electrical Vehicle (EV) business, in order to create and develop the powerful network of chargers in Spain.
This is the best opportunity for joining into one of the highest scalable markets that- s currently growing in our society, having a global impact and helping BP to become the leading company in the EV sector.
The purpose of the Delivery Engineer role is to contribute to building a world-class high power charging business through securing grid connections in a cost-efficient way. This includes playing an interface role between contractors, manufacturers, DNOs, bp- s HSSE team and bp- s project team.
Ensuring predictable readiness to commence execution and operation, developing and maintaining a strong and beneficial working relationship with all of the relevant stakeholders including the DNO/DSO- s while achieving the most efficient price setter position through obtaining grid connections at reasonable prices and in a timely manner to support the project schedule requirements
- Play a key role in delivering the EV charge points in Europe that form part of the FMandS installation aim
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong working relationships with the relevant stakeholders including the DNO/DSO's relevant to the project needs
- Accountable to coordinate all required construction permitting within the end-to-end DNO processes along with the project needs to remove blockers for successful timely installation of the chargers
- Alignment with established common process/legal requirement to meet the expected delivery criteria
- Management, along with the contractors of DNO connections to support the project schedule needs
- Management of potential subsidy programs from application with administration until subsidies are captured, including performance management across the whole process.
- Support the risk management process across each region
- Coordinate engineering and supplier performance management and technical reporting of near-term progress against long term targets
- Support key engineering management process to maintain the roll out in an efficient and safe manner
- Coordinate DNO's and their individual requirements for connection points / charger information
- Coordinate legal interfaces with the project and stakeholder needs to remove blockers to successful, timely commencement of construction and operation
- Support the identification of key Electrical Vehicle Supply Equipment technology solutions, for the optimum delivery of projects in accordance with BP Ethics and Compliance rules
- Support the continuous improvement of technical practices and processes
- Accountability for Purchase to Pay process activities aligned to the role
- Capture Lessons Learned through engineering and installation delivery and ensure Continuous Improvement throughout our EV deployments
- University degree in electrical engineering or comparable education
- Fluent in English (level test will be performed)
- A strong track record in project delivery or in supporting complex Project management involving Civil installations across hydrocarbon forecourt and industrial installations
- An understanding of the standards and protocols of the industry
- An understanding of industry relevant engineering standards
- A solid understanding of the EV value chain / technologies and necessary infrastructure to support
- Clear understanding and experience in grid connections, grid access constraints and requirements and the process in achieving such
- Knowledge on the permitting and legal compliance processes
- Driven approach to challenges with ability to work autonomously and hands on working style
- A self-starting team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
- Technical and engineering roll out in the EV field
- Project Management of similar power and hardware Projects
- 5-10 years' experience in large scale engineering projects
- Broad professional experience in engineering and project management delivery.
- Sound knowledge of civil installations and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks and how they are integrated.
- Direct experience of industry standards in the EV space.
- Knowledge of Agile framework, Six Sigma, process improvement techniques and related tools (ADO, analytical power Apps)
- PMP certification or equivalent.
- Fluent in Portuguese, French or any other EU language
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN:
- Very attractive project.
- Competent salary band depending on the candidate's value.
- Hybrid model work
Contract duration: 6 months, extendable for another 6 months